Slowly is one such app I was surprised by as it validates the concept of long-distance friendships, and you could savor the excitement of having a pen-pal and just having the opportunity to share perspectives, feelings, emotions, experiences, philosophies, advice, and so much more…
Slowly works in such a way that you write a body of a letter find, relevant people to whom you wanna filter, and boom you hit “send” and wait for it to deliver to the recipient. It takes quite some time, depending on the geographical locations of the people you’re sending to. But it contributes so much more to people, by imbuing them with patience, and the ability to share their experiences on a broad horizon of things, as letters should be as they always have been.
Starting this would surprise you but from what I have learned by using this exciting pen-pal app called “Slowly”, is as follows
- You learn to properly engage with the end-user/recipient with a greeting that makes an impact(most times) but apparently, you learn to use it accordingly with how the person writes about themselves in the “about me” section or where they are from. It may vary by the way you greet someone, so for starters; Just write, “Hi There!, hope you’re well!” to be concise and courteous at the same time.
- If you’re the writer or the recipient, always remember that not to self criticize yourself over your written skills. If you find it comfortable to communicate in your native language, write it in that specific. The communication matters the most in any conversation. Thus, if you feel unease to write in English, just write away…
- Writing can intimidate others, so keep your letters to being a page or two pages long for the first letter, add an introduction, hobbies, ask about them, what they like, come to a clause, encourage discussion among you and your future pen-pal.
- Using words that definitely, would put you in a certain “self-righteous” persona is kinda a turn-off for people. And most times people wouldn’t care, but certain minorities would become “Simon Cowell” on your letter towards them. Watch out and be careful, dwelling into mindless arguments.
- Culture, languages, and the exciting adventures one person can share with you, though it is a luxury that quickly fades away, as people need to live their lives eventually. So try to enjoy, share while it lasts.. unless you become close which is a strong possibility.
- Being you, having a brief introduction can set you apart from the crowd, rather than writing the usual “I’m scenario” write about your challenges, * what pushes you, what motivates you to write, moreover what are your desires, what do you wanna pursue, what do you aspire to become!!
- You should write when you’re ready. Rather, than writing every single day, write when required! It helps you to be “eloquent” in your writing and motivates you to write your experiences finely.
All these exceptional things can help you wove a beautiful friendship that can last from a moment, a day, a week, a month, a year or even a lifetime. Take the slow and steady steps, and cultivate a healthy friendship.
So what are you waiting for, go download the app, and I hope you find lots of great pen-pals. Cheers!! X