5 things a procrastinator needs to do, when they’re depressed!
What i do that mostly help me when i go through such circumstances!
Depression is a restless B*tch, and yes we all go through it in our everyday lives. Inherently, it can cause a lot of damage for a procrastinator because of their lifestyle choices… Having ADD can mix it up a bit, to the point you’re like a loose cannon that keeps rapidly missing all shots fired(pun) & vice-versa.
So here are the 5 things, you should do if you’re a procrastinator..
- Try to move your ass up, from the bed because it’s already draining to stay in the bed like a miserable potato… and go outside and sit in the Sun… Just sit there and do nothing… & Empty your mind and just let the outside sink inside of you. Breathe slowly, and start your day by basking in the Sun… It’ll help with nourishment the sun gives you and also uplift your mood. (win-win)
2. Try eating something green, avoid eating any junk that might make your stomach unstable… and cause acidity afterwards… therefore try to eat something healthy… or do intermittent fasting that can also help when you’re prone to doing nothing (wink — wink). Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
3. Try taking a bath or a shower… but don’t do it swiftly. Instead try to properly cleanse yourself of the filth that might be causing you, to feel that way. Remember, a bath not only cleanses the body but also the mind. So try to enjoy the process and maybe even relax by putting on a symphony or two when you take a bath. It helps, relaxing to calm music can help soothe whatever is causing this episode to breakdown slowly, and help you relax more.
4. Contemplation can be something, that one can do but don’t feel too bad about it what led you to this day, instead be grateful that you’re here and you are still kicking… be hopeful, for there are many rainy days, but there’ll come a day where the sun might come up unless you’re like me who prefers rainy days… >_< Listen to some good music while you’re at it, the mind can go a long way when you think when you’re relaxed, so instead of keeping it inside let the tears flow… it is a sign of strength when you can cry all your worries away. I envy the people, who can shed tears because they can choose to relieve themselves of the worries that might cloud their behavior where needed and make themselves free of all such that make them sad & depressed.
5. In the end, I decided to write because it helps with my anxiety, & depression… the ability to imbue hope and understanding in words is truly a gift I wanted to share. The feeling of sheer hopelessness we all feel, the misery and sadness we carry in our hearts… sometimes distancing is the only way we can truly let go of the burdens that cause us to feel this way… It is a nice gesture to seek solitude from everyone and ourselves sometimes as it helps us with filling our inner peace with what it yearns… Therefore, Distance yourself from everyone because you very well know that your volatility will eventually hurt you and others around you; that feeling of anger and frustration can hurt someone’s feelings if you’re not careful. Therefore, confine in the emptiness and accept to hibernate for a little while until you truly feel relieved from the pains that are causing you to feel depressed and anxious!
P.S In the end, you could watch anime, maybe binge a show or two, play games or even learn something useful… but we all know productivity is what we procrastinators are bad at, therefore instead of doing anything productive just try doing the things mentioned, but most of all improvise to what you find best, and do it! Have Fun!